As I mentioned yesterday, I wasn’t to get much crafty time today and thus didn’t cross anything off my list.
Instead I was hanging out with a couple mates of mine.
I did, however, make progress on some projects, such as the hair ‘flower’, using the silk I ‘ironed’ yesterday. The design has changed markedly since its inception, so now it’s more of a crescent shape.
The silk was cut up into 6 x 15cm pieces, folded longways, then stitched up the longer raw side to gather it up. I used the lining from the skirt to make a stiff backing which I sewed my petals onto.
The next step is to use some embellishments I found in an op shop to cover up the messy raw gathered edges, and maybe add a bit of sparkle between the other petals.